Presents!

I'm super psyched that my cousin got her birthday present already. I sent it last Friday, her birthday was Monday, and she got it Wednesday. Sometimes, Post Canada does its job very efficiently. That just makes me happier.

I feel like I completed the scarf in record time. I actually think it took me four days... Compared to the autumn scarf, it's a million times shorter. I saw pictures for the cable stitch, decided that it should go quick enough, and then used double crochets for the in between rows to have it grow even faster. I used leftover yarn from Chiara's blanket, because my cousin likes purple. The bobbles were added as an after thought, instead of having tassles or a fringe.
Photo credits: Jess
I had some friends over for a devotional recently, and somehow the topic of my crocheting came up. I love to show off the cute stuff I've made! One of my friends loved a blue rose that I'd made in the spring. I had made it as a test run for an idea I had, but the sewing it together part was a pain. I made two red ones for my Nonna the last time I visited her in the hospital. Being the lovely Nonna she is, she wanted to give one to my mom (it was very close to mother's day). I insisted she keep both, to have something nice to look at, and I'm glad she had them.
So yes, my friend liked the blue one, and I decided she should have it. I like making people happy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *