A Blanket that is... Purple and White? Uh... No.

I finished this blanket on Saturday, which was International Crocheting Day! I even sewed in all the ends (the tedious part). It was a game of chicken, because I was using leftover yarn, and there was no reason to buy extra for a small blanket. I ran out of yellow and green partway through their rows, but luckily it was only three or four clusters from the end of the rows. I had enough blue to finish the rows I was planning. I had a goal of making the blanket 40" x40", and I came close. It's about 39.5" x 38.5". With some use, it will probably stretch a bit.
I showed my parents the blanket on Sunday, and they had some trouble figuring out what colours I had used. Both were convinced that the blue yarn was purple! They thought the green was blue, and my dad even thought the yellow was white! Maybe it was just the lightening, but it was hilarious. Additionally, the father of the baby that the blanket is for is colour blind, so who knows what colours he'll see!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *