My Current Work-in-Progress

One of my dad's best friends had kids later in life. When his daughter was born, I made my first "granny square" blanket. I have to put that in quotation marks because I ended up messing up the traditional pattern by mistake, resulting in each square being smaller than it should have. I was also experimenting a little with non-traditional patterns.
I bordered and joined the squares in white, but I don't have a picture! I have to say that the white really brought all the colours together, and made them pop.

So now, my dad's friend has had a second child, a son. To not show favouritism, I'll be making him a blanket as well. I found this pattern online, and fell in love with the colours and style. I have leftover yarn from Chiara's blanket, and I decided to use the yellow, green, and blue. What I like about the pattern is that I can start from the center and make the blanket as large as my leftover yarn allows, without having to worry about reaching a certain dimension, or matching the height and width.
As you can see, I haven't gotten far...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *