A Crown fit for a princess: pre-blocking

A coworker of mine came back two weeks ago from a year and a half of maternity leave. This was the first time I met her, because I was hired while she was gone. She has an adorable baby girl, who's just over a year old now.

I was showing her my crocheting at the end of last week, and she expressed interest in having a crown for her baby girl. I said that I was sure something could be arranged. I thought it would be even better if the size was adjustable, so her daughter could use it as she grows up.

I browsed Pinterest a lot, finding more tutorials for doilies-turned-crowns than for actual crocheted patterns. I found this image, by Célénaa, and thought it would be a good time to overcome my fear of using symbolic patterns (instead of written ones).

I have a bright yellow thread that I thought would do, but I couldn't find my 2.25mm hook, so I had to use the 1.6mm. Crocheting the crown took about half an hour, including the time needed to understand all the stitches in the pattern.

Of course, right after I started I realized that I would have to block the crown. Yay another challenge to complete!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *