Bubble Gum Afghan

I showed several peopled the blanket for my grandparents while I was working on it. One of those people was my high school French teacher, a really nice lady whom I'm still friends with. She had been at my parent's house one day when I was Skyping with them, and my mom made a point of mentioning the blanket and asking me to show them. My French teacher really liked it, and dropped a not-so-subtle hint about wanting a blanket herself.

At this point, I already had two projects in mind, and I knew that those would keep me busy until the end of March. I kept her request in the back of my mind, though.

Near the end of March, I was looking through my yarn stash, trying to figure out my  next project. I had two big skeins and several smaller red ones. The picture might not show it well, but the center part that looks white is actually pale pink and a colour-speckled white.

I crocheted the blanket as one big granny square using a 5.5 mm hook and holding two strands of yarn together. This resulted in a thick, soft blanket. The pink lasted longer than the white, and that's what inspired me to add the red yarn. The scalloped edge was done following a picture with no link-back on Pinterest.

The blanket is about a 5 foot square. It's smaller than I had hoped, but still a decent sized afghan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *