Coffee Afghan

One of the two projects that I mentioned in my last post is this blanket. While I had been making the one for my grandparents, I decided that making one each for my parents would be nice as well. This one is my dad's.

I like looking at design seeds for colour inspiration for my projects. One in particular struck me; it was a picture of a coffee mug and a few macaroons. I really liked the contrast that the bright macaroons created.

My parents have loved coffee for as long as I can remember. I thought it would be really neat to base myself on the colours in this picture and crochet my dad a blanket.

I used Loops & Threads Woolike yarn for this. I have a thing for thin yarn, and I wanted to try this one. I crocheted it as one giant granny square with a scalloped edge (does it remind you of whipped cream?). To give the blanket more "sustenance", I crocheted the blanket using two strands together. I completed the blanket in a month, but I never thought it would end! I had bought something like 12 skeins for the project, and I was determined to only end the blanket when I ran out of yarn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *