The Story behind This Little Piggie

This little piggie went to the market...
And this little piggie stayed home...
Almost everyone many English speaking people know the nursery rhyme about the little pigs. I remember my parents reciting it to me when I was younger. My feet have always been super ticklish, and I would squeal when they would reach my baby toes.


The summer before I started university, I applied to  many offices and stores looking for a summer job. I didn't find one, but I did end up breaking my toe. I still wanted to earn money for school, and I decided to start crocheting more. Every year, Hudson (QC) has a large street fair, and my mom's friend always has a booth. She invited me to share it with her this year, and to sell my crocheted items. All I needed was a name for my "shop".
This little piggie had roast beef...
This little piggie had none...
I had recently seen a pattern online to make micro pigs. The poster had written the pattern herself, but the finished products were fine to sell. I based myself off of her pattern to make the pigs that I was going to sell at the street fair. I simplified the idea a bit, to make it easier for myself. The pigs were the fourth or fifth animal I had ever crocheted, and I was still trying to get the hang of attaching legs, ears, eyes, and so on. 


As I completed the first few pigs, the nursery rhyme popped into my head. It was the perfect fit for the products I was going to be selling. I asked my mom to help out taking pictures of the pigs so that I could recreate the words of the rhyme. 
And this little piggie cried wee wee wee all the way home.
And that's how my "shop" got its name.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *