Mini-series #1: Coral (Part 1)

My favourite corals are the ones worked in rounds. Here are two simple patterns to give you an idea how changing the number of single crochets (sc). The first one works two sc into every sc, and the second works three. You can see how quickly the second one becomes ruffled!

For both patterns, begin by picking your yarn, and a crochet hook of adequate size. Here, I've picked a pale pink and a 3.5 mm hook.
Round 1: Make a magic circle and make six (6) single crochets in it.
Round 2: Two (2) sc in each sc of round 1. (12)
Round 3: *One (1) sc in first sc of round 2, two (2) sc in the next. Repeat from * around. (18)

Pattern 1 after round 5
Pattern 1 Round 4: Two (2) sc in each sc of round 3. (36)
Round 5: Two (2) sc in each sc of round 4. (72)
Continue working two (2) sc into every sc until you have reached the size of coral that you'd like. Fasten off and sew in the ends.
Tada!
Pattern 2
Round 4: Three (3) sc in each sc of round 3. (54)
Continue working three (3) sc into every sc until you have reached the size of coral that you'd like.
Pattern 2 after round 4

You can work these patterns with half-double crochets or double crochets. You could probably even use triple crochets, but I've never tried that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *