Mini-series #1: Coral (Part 0)

Photo credits: Kathleen Woo
Last summer, I came across this post by Jenny Hoople explaining hyperbolic crocheting, and using the principle to crochet coral. I looked over the patterns provided to make different kinds of coral, and I got the impression you could really do any combination of stitches and it would turn out fine.

Last summer, I was taking the bus to and from work every day. It was an hour and a half round trip, more if there was traffic. Big crocheting projects are hard to carry around, but left over skeins and one hook easily fit in my bag. I tried to make every coral unique, and I never really kept track of the combination of stitches I was using. I would do what looked nice.

This summer, I plan on making more, but I'll also keep track of the stitches so I can share them with you.

The corals now belong to my friend Kathleen, because she was interested in them when I was making them, and I didn't feel like keeping them all.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *