Mini-series #1: Corals (Part 2)

Today we're going to look at an oval coral, also worked in rounds.


Chain any length that you would like. I did 11.

Round 1: 2 sc in front loop of first stitch (the one after the one on the hook), 1 sc up the front side of the chain, 2 sc in the front loop of the last stitch of the row, 2 sc in the back look of the last stitch of the row, 1 sc down the back side of the chain, 2 sc in the back look of the first stitch of the chain. Slip stitch for first sc. Essentially, you want to create a flat, rounded rectangular shape, whose border is all sc.

Round 2: 2 sc in each sc.
Repeat until you're pleased with the size of the coral. Fasten off and sew in ends of yarn.

As before, you can vary the number of sc that are worked in round 2. Likewise, you can work with hdc, dc, or even tr.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *