Mini-series #2: Amigurumi (Part 1)

The first thing I ever crocheted was a small koala for my then-boyfriend in honour of our one-year anniversary.
The scarf is supposed to say "I love you"

I found a really cute pattern by All About Ami, and I wanted to try to make it. My crocheting friend at school at the time took one look at the pattern, asked me if I’d ever crocheted (no, not really, was my answer) and advised me to find an easier pattern. I didn't want to, so I persevered though all 27 rows of work. Really, 27 rows is not bad at all. 

In my opinion, the koala turned out too oval-y, instead of round. The ears were lop-sided because I didn't know how to properly attach them. He thought it was cute, but I secretly think his sister liked it more.


Fate had it that we broke up a few weeks later, but I still had a soft spot for his little sister. She had wanted me to teach her how to crochet, as she already knew how to knit. Her birthday was not too long after we broke up, and I wanted to give her something.
Quite a unique jellyfish
I found a jellyfish pattern online, and I fell in love with how it looked. Of course, mine didn't turn out quite the same. I cut down on the number of stuffed legs, because I quickly learned that I hate stuffing legs. I added some chains to make it look more authentic.

I personally delivered the jellyfish to her, because I didn't trust my ex to not destroy it if I asked him to give it to her (he was upset about the break-up). He wasn't happy when I showed up to his house, but his sister certainly was!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *