Mini-series #2: Amigurumi (Part 2)

A friend of mine used to call her boyfriend "Wolfy". I don't know the exact story, but it gave me a good reason to crochet a wolf for her birthday.
This project is when I discovered that I really don't like sewing on body parts. As you can maybe tell from the picture, the wolf was not at all symmetrical. Looking at it two years later, I can say that it gives him character, but at the time, I was very frustrated.

The wolf was also the first time I needed to change yarn colour while crocheting. I can't say that I fully mastered it, but I did my best. Now, with all the blankets I've been doing, I've gotten a lot better. However, it all started with this wolf.

I spent a lot of time looking for a good wolf pattern. Many were too big or weird looking. I found this one on Moon Sweet Collection, and it was the best I could get.

My friend stuck with the name "Wolfy" and decided to hang him in her car, where it still is to this day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *