Mini-series #2: Amigurumi (Part 3)

Along with being in a plethora of other classes together, a friend of mine and I were in the same biology lab class. We would perform the labs with a third friend, all the while having fun and laughing. Our teacher was cool about it, and sometimes would join in our fun.

One particular day, our third friend was absent because she was sick. The lab was about the taxonomy of the platypus. We wanted to make our information fun to read when for our friend, and we ended up naming everything some variation of a platypus. 

Fast forward a few months, and it was decided that there should be a birthday party for the friend who did the lab with me. I wanted to make her an awesome present, so I searched for platypus pattern. The one I found seemed slightly incomplete, so I improvised stitches and instructions when needed.
The final result? A cute little platypus that everyone loved. It currently hangs on her staircase.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *