Crocodile Slippers

During the last two weeks of work this summer, I started promoting my blog and my crocheting to colleagues. That's how I got the scarf order. I received a second order, this time for a pair of slippers for someone's daughter. I was told then that blue and green were preferred colours, but we didn't decide anything about the design.
I got word on Sunday that the daughter had really fallen in love with the crocodile slipper style that's been making its way around the internet. I had been working on a simple design during my maritimes trip, but it was nothing compared to this design. Michaels was having a sale, and one of the skeins was Patons Astra in Fun 'N Games. I picked up two skeins, hoping it would be enough.
I found a pattern by Knit Free, and followed the instructions to make a smaller pair. I'm still worried they'll be too big, but then she'll be able to grow into them. I modified the cuff to make it shorter and, in my opinion, more proportional. I finished the first skein of yarn before finishing the first slipper, so I improvised with the second. It just makes them that much more original and unique!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *