Wrapping Up Some Loose Ends

It's crazy to think that September is already ending. I thought school just started, but midterms are actually just around the corner! I thought that I'd take a few moments to bring you all up to date about some of my outstanding projects.

The scarf that I was making for a colleague was actually finished during my trip around the Maritimes. He loves it, and was supposed to send me a picture, but hasn't, so here's the one that I took.
Similarly, the crown was given to another colleague, and I'm waiting for a photo from her as well. 
The crocodile cuff slippers have been reworked after a long and difficult period (more on this at a later date, maybe). They're waiting to go to their forever home, and I'm waiting to find out where that will be.
A friend of mine asked me in the spring to make her a bunny. I told her to remind me when it was her birthday. That day came and went, but I made the bunny last night, and I'll add the face today.
I've finally started sewing in the ends on a granny square blanket that I've been working on for over a year. I know for sure that I was working on it last May (2014). I had to take a first aid course for my summer job, and I was frantically making squares on the bus and on breaks during the course to cope with my anxiety. The course was in French, it was the first time meeting the two girls who were starting work at the same time as I was, and it was the first time meeting anyone from the work place (three guys were renewing their first aid certificates). I put the blanket aside for much of the fall, winter, and spring as I had more pressing projects. I'd like to finally put it on display though.
 I tried to make a basket to hold books in my living room, but it was too floppy. After reworking it twice, it started to just look like a hat. Thus, it became a beanie. This is for sale on my Facebook page.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *