The Museum

Getting to work after the snow storm was a challenge. Few roads were plowed, and Emma didn't have proper boots. Her feet were cold before she even left her apartment. She wasn't sure what disaster would be waiting for her at the museum. Although the city had declared the previous day to have been the worst in the past 45 years, her boss was demanding. Emma was unsure if she could get fired from an unpaid position. 

The security guards greeted her, adding that according to the video feeds, Mrs Jones had been in the previous day, but had yet to arrive today. Emma thanked them, and made her way to Mrs Jones's office. Like usual, there was a file of work for Emma to do. She glanced through it and picked the fastest tasks to start with. Several initial and follow up emails needed to be sent to patrons of the museum. The gala that marked the end of Emma's internship was approaching. Emma thought everything was on track, but Mrs Jones never agreed.

Emma was surprised to find an unsolicited email in her inbox. A caterer had heard about the gala, and was sending his proposal for the evening. Emma quickly consulted the list of approved caterers that Mrs Jones had made. She was surprised to see that not only was the email from a man on the list, but it appeared that he was the most elusive and respected man of the industry. Why he had contacted her first was not clear, but Emma thanked her lucky star. She would finally get a break, and Mrs Jones would be happy with her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *