Cricket Cove

Cricket Cove is the yarn store I found in Moncton. I had looked it up online prior to leaving for the trip, but I found their site a little confusing to navigate. I think this was partly due to the yarn being in many subfolders and partly because I was on a mobile site. Full sites generally tend to be more logical to navigate.
From what I saw online, the store carried many, many wool based yarn. I didn't think I was very interested in that, but when I got to the store, I realized I was wrong. The wool-acrylic blends were so bright and soft! While I do like light-weight, fingering yarn, I decided to go with a wool blend to make a thicker blanket.
When we left PEI, I decided that the beautiful province needed its own dedicated blanket. The blue water, blue sky, red sand... I wanted a special way to remember it. I wanted to buy the yarn for it during my trip to make it that much more special.

At Cricket Cove, I found three blends by Berroco that had similar colours to what I wanted. All were missing a key shade or two, but I didn't want to mix them because I've had bad experiences mixing different weights of yarn. After much contemplation, I settled on Berroco Vintage, and picked up enough yarn to hopefully finish the blanket.
I haven't committed to a design for the blanket yet. One of the Instagram users I follow, Olives and Pickles, makes really nice hexagon blankets. Alternatively, she's working on a chevron one that really speaks to me, or there's always simple granny squares. Suggestions are more than welcome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Hi! I'm Sarah. I've been crocheting since the fall of 2012, when I wanted to make a special present for my then-boyfriend. After that, I was hooked- pun intended.

My yarn stash is ridiculously huge, in my opinion, because people like to gift me the yarn they don't want anymore. I don't say no, because I'm determined to find ways to use all the yarn I have.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *